We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February Weather????

Baltimore
Level Contributor
368 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
February Weather????

Hi.

We are considering a trip in the first week of February and my wife is very concerned about the weather. Meaning is it warm enough. I see the high temps are in the mid 70's.

Has anyone who's been this time of year or just got back please provide me some feedback on

- was it warm enough to swim

- did you need jackets or long pants

- was it hot enough to lay at the pool and sun bathe

I know we can't control it but she's being nervous about it and i would love to put her mind at ease :)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,569 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: February Weather????

My first visit was in the first week of Feb. 2005. During the day the air temp. went up into around 80F if I recall correctly and dropped into the low 70's at night. It seemed a bit cool to me. Swimming in the sea was a bit nippy with the wind blowing as it does often in the winter months. The sea was around 70F making it borderline uncomfortable to be in the ocean. Some pools were heated and that was nice. I would bring a sweater or jacket for cooler evenings along with long pants IMHO. Since my first visit I never returned in Feb. and only was there in May and November that are great months to visit.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
368 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February Weather????

Thanks TigerV... I think we are going to look to warmer locations because your review is exactly our fear. We want 80's.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,569 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: February Weather????

Maybe consider the Caymans or Virgin Islands, both a bit further south.

Edited: 18 January 2014, 22:39
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,504 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: February Weather????

Look at Aruba also :)

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: February Weather????

It can be hit or miss, especially if a cold front passes through. You would definitely want a sweater and pair on long pants for evenings.

I've been to a lot of different islands, and find it's always a good idea to bring a sweater - even if it is warm enough outside, sometimes restaurants are over-air conditioned.

CA
Level Contributor
372 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: February Weather????

I was there Feb. 2013. It was sunny and warm. I was able to wear shorts/t-shirt. We did find it a little chilly to be in the water. I was glad it wasn't blazing hot but a tad warmer would have been nice since we came to enjoy the ocean and water park. Next time we are considering May or November.

7. Re: February Weather????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island
Recent Conversations