We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis resort- Bahamas

Monmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis resort- Bahamas

Good evening

I am in the process of planning a holiday for 4 adults to the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas.

I have few questions, and wondered if there was any one who could kindly answer them from past experience.

1. Has anyone been to the resort beginning of May?

What was the weather like? Was it busy?

2, I am comparing prices of room only basis and B&B basis ..

Looking at a £25pppd difference for breakfast, and us ladies aren't too bothered about a big breakfast .. Just wondered if anyone knew how much breakfast was there pp?

3. If anyone has a list of must haves to do, please feel free to pass them on :)

All very much excited.. But just a few need to knows before we finalise booking

Many thanks, Natasha.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis resort- Bahamas

Early May is a great time to visit. It is sort of the low season. I've been there on one week visits in early May six times and it was never crowded nor did I have to wait in any long lines at the slides. The weather is great with very little rain and low humidity. The sea is warm with surf temps around 80F.. You will love it there in early May.

Bethel, Connecticut
Level Contributor
585 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis resort- Bahamas

At the Atlantis resort, all you- care- to- eat breakfast buffets run around $30 per person. A typical American breakfast platter can be had at restaurants like Murray's Deli or Anthony's for $15. Continental breakfast can be had from stands in the resort lobbies for considerably less. If you have any other specific questions about Atlantis, message me!

Bethel, Connecticut
Level Contributor
585 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis resort- Bahamas

While at the resort, you must schedule an encounter at Dolphin Cay. We especially enjoyed playing with a sea lion but the dolphiin encounters we watched looked fun, too. If you are spending a week or more, you will want to schedule some excursions off property, too. We used Bahama Boat Tours to go snorkeling, tubing, and swimming on a private beach. They were excellent and the best part is that the trip includes just your party. Another excellent excursion is Powerboat Adventures. It is an all day triip to the Exuma Cays to feed iguanas, pet stingrays, watch shark wrangling, drift snorkel, learn to make conch salad, and sppend tiimme relaxing on a private iisland. See the websites of these excursions for more details. Happy planning!

4. Re: Atlantis resort- Bahamas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18