We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis in June

Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis in June

We are looking at scheduling a trip to Atlantis for June. We have 2 kids (age 5 and age 2). We are looking at the Corral Towers. My only concern and hesitation with booking is whether June is the wrong month to go with potential rain. Is July a better month? I thought June would be the best bet since its earlier in the hurricane season, but is appears to be one of the higher rain months. I don't mind a few rain showers, just don't want the trip to be a washout. Thanks for any advice! Also, any advice on activities with this age group is welcomed!

Westchester County
Level Contributor
652 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis in June

I went in June one year for five days. I have also been there in April and September, again for five days. In June, there was one 15 minute storm and that was it. No rain when we went in April. In September, it was very hot and it rained in short spurts everyday. We didn't even leave the beach or pool because of it. Just waited it out as we knew it wasn't going to last very long.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,032 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis in June

We've been twice in June (wanted to go before all schools were out for summer) and just booked to go again this June. In those two trips it didn't rain at all (unless it rained during the night when we were sleeping..lol). There was thunder and lightening for an hour or so one morning and we had to get out of the pools for a bit but that was it. Coral Towers is a great location, that's where we stayed and are staying there again this June :)

3. Re: Atlantis in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 10:31
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis in June

From a climate perspective, June is the wettest month in the Bahamas, average monthly rainfall in July is about 1/3 less than June. It's the rainy season in the Bahamas in June and July. While it may not rain every day while you are there, the humidity is very high. With all that moisture in the air, there is a good chance of a daily downpour somewhere on the island you are on.

Snellville, Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis in June

would august be better than june?...i am also considering going near the end of june or 2nd week of july.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis in June

Average monthly rainfall in August is about the same as July. However, going in August increase the chances for a Hurricane as the peak of the Hurricane Season is around Sept. 7.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis in June

I've had great weather visiting in June. Sure its technically the month with the most precip, but remember too that the rain usually only falls heavily for 30-60 min each day---if that.

Also, remember that the Nassau weather station is at the airport which is on the leeward side of the island where as PI is on the windward side. What this means is that the rain is heaviest on the downwind side of the island which is where the airport is, but on the upwind side, where Atlantis is, is different.

I hope this explanation makes sense.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis in June

We love going in July, this summer will be our 3rd to the out islands in July. Late May/early June was nice too. Only had 1overcast day, about the same in July.

Wish we were there now but I am pretty happy typing this from my hammock looking out of the bay islands of Honduras :)

NY
Level Contributor
130 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis in June

What about late June to early July?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,032 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis in June

July and August will, of course, be more crowded because all kids will be off of school. That's one reason we pick early to mid June :)

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island