We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delta changing flight time or seats?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
delta changing flight time or seats?

I just read on another message board that delta has been known to change your picked seats and or flight times . This person said to check itinerary often. Anyone have this happen to them? With 5 of us flying and only one a frequent flyer, we all want our picked seats.

montreal
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: delta changing flight time or seats?

Yes, this has happened on our last 2 Delta flights but they were really open to making sure we had seats together. As for flight times, if the change is more than 1 hour, you can make changes for free( different flights or date) Otherwise, you just have to go with it.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: delta changing flight time or seats?

How often did u check to see if anything changed?

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: delta changing flight time or seats?

We just went though a nightmare with Delta changing not only our seats but our entire itinerary was changed in some way. The most significant change was our entire return flight and created an impossible connection. I spent almost three hours on the phone to get it corrected. Sadly, the only way I would have know this was because I was double checking to make sure our seat assignments were still there. They were gone and I discovered a mess! Delta customer service leaves a great deal to be desired! Check often!!

new york
Level Contributor
164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: delta changing flight time or seats?

This happened to us 2x since we booked, we're traveling may. First they changed flight time, then they put us on a completely different flight out of a different airport. They reassigned us seats that were not together, I was able to reassign our seats but were still not all together bc the flight were now on is pretty full. I was notified by email so make sure they have an email address affiliated w your reservation.

5. Re: delta changing flight time or seats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 15:05
Eden, New York
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: delta changing flight time or seats?

YES - We have flights for the last week of May and I think they have already been changed 3x's, I am expecting more before we leave!! They changed our return flight home to give us a long layover, I purposely booked our flights to avoid long layovers as we have a 7 year old! I did call Delta and explained my situation and how un- happy I was, they did give up Free pass's into their Sky Club for all of us - I guess that is better than having to roam the airport!! :(

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: delta changing flight time or seats?

Thanks everyone. We dont fly until late December but I will be checking our seats and flight. We have no connecting flight so maybe that will help??

8. Re: delta changing flight time or seats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:15