We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
277 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach

My wife, my one year old little girl, and I will be in Nassau from 7AM-2PM on June 23. Yes, we are in out with a quick allure of the seas port visit. We are beach people and since the one thing the cruise doesn't have is a beach, I'd like to know your recommendations for the best beach in Nassau. The reason I'm posting here in the Paradise Island Forum is because the last time I was in the Bahamas was in 1999. It was college spring break and I remember the public access beaches outside of Atlantis being some of the calmest and most beautiful I'd ever seen.

It seems as though the beaches surrounding Atlantis might be a bit rougher now due to a few different factors. It seems though it also might depend on season and as usual storms.

Please give me your opinions for the best beaches with the least amount of "merchant interference", and the best suited for our little girl to make a splash. Thank you!!

By the way Scubagirrl is a wealth of informatioin! I think I've read every single one of your posts!

Mission, Kansas
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach

I plan to go to Cable Beach during my trip. Apparently, the sand and water are just lovely! There are merchants, but from what I've read, they leave you alone if you say no thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach

The beach between The Reef and The Cove is very calm and has some rock formations in the water you can swim to very easily. Much more quiet than Atlantis Beach as well.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,200 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach

the OP is on a cruise so would have to buy a day pass for Atlantis to use the beach?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach

With a little one in tow, I would opt for the Melia (cable beach) day pass ($30pp) free for the toddler.

The beach is gorgeous, and the water is generally calm.. plus, they have lots to do, restrooms and above all... LIFEGUARDS>

There's also 3 pools, 1 with zero entry.

If you are looking for a couple hours at a Free beach, Junkanoo is just outside of town. Not as nice as Cable Beach or Cabbage Beach, but free, safe, and easy to get to . You can rent chairs, and there's a tiki bar, concessions and restrooms. I'd opt for water shoes as the beach is a bit rocky.

5. Re: Best Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island