We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

Family of 4 traveling to Atlantis for first time, staying at Harborside which has full kitchen. Read about Foodstore2go, but wondering if there is any local grocery store near Atlantis that would be cheaper to go get ourselves. We would like to cook a night or two to save $$! thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

There is a small store close to Atlantis...not really a grocery store.We had our driver stop at the grocery store before going to our condo. This way we selected and shopped for our groceries. I know many people have recommended food to go. I liked shopping myself and we were quick. It wasn't too much more to make the stop.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

We are owners at Harborside and no real type stores nearby but you can buy bread/milk etc at the Murray deli==and also Harborside lobby store but you can stop at the grocery on your way--I use Sandra Ferguson for taxi and she will stop for you.

my best advice is pack a suitcase with lots of snacks/cereal/coffee if you drink it and==don't bring many clothes and replace with snacks--bring Purex sheets to do laundry! my last few trips i actually used foodstore2go for perishables--came right on time but you need to be in room to accept delivery so I had them come at 6.

We always bring breakfast and lunch things--if you like Italian go to Carmines and you will likely have leftovers for the next day--you can also order pizza one night

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

Harbourside used to offer a shuttle to the Harbour Bay Shopping Centre -- not sure if they still do, but there are quite a few stores there -- grocery is Fresh Market and very good, if perhaps a little more expensive than you are used to at home, but great selection all the same, liquor store, pharmacy, Starbucks, banks, and a few other stores. It's a 5 minute ride from Harbourside across the bridge.

Or you can have your taxi stop on the way from the airport. Super Value in Cable Beach is perhaps the best for prices. Make sure to negotiate the costs of the stop with the taxi driver before you start out so you aren't overcharged.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

Can anyone confirm if Harborside has a shuttle that goes to Harbor Bay shopping center where there is a grocery store?

thanks for the feedback!

Maryland
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

I'm also wondering about the shuttle from Harborside to the grocery store. I remember there was one the last time we were there, but that was in 2009. Thanks!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

HARBOUR BAY SHOPS -- at the Solomon's Fresh Market is where you'll find everything..... don't forget the coffee filters!!!!

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

Don't bother with shuttle--it's not free and you are dependent on waiting for otheres--eitherstop at market on your way to Harborside or use foodstore2go---we ALWAYS use Sandra Feguson to pick us up and she will stop--also it pays to fill a suitcase with snacks etc.--we are Harborside owners and always have breakfast in and make lunch to bring to the pools/beach. Pack Purex sheets to do laundry and use the extra space for snacks/dried goods! And yes don't forget the coffee filters--flat bottom ones!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

We always use FoodSTore2go. We're always happy with them. I prefer it to carrying food with me (overweight bags, hassle) and to stopping on my way (with 2 kids?) or taking the shuttle (I'm on vacation!). They are bit pricier but the service is good and handy. And yes, they deliver coffee filters - we've had to ask them to bring them because we forgot too! HA!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
35 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

We also use Sandra Ferguson and they are great and will stop for you, I would rather tip them than pay the prices at the resort for the small stocking options near the resorts. At least then it goes directly in their economy!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any local grocery stores near Atlantis?

I've become a fan of foodstore2go too. Reliable and easily worth a mark-up, compared to the Harborside shuttle or stopping at a store on the way from the airport (taxi drivers are entitled to charge you for the time waiting at a grocery store, though not all do).

I'd also suggest you shift your expectations a bit: Atlantis and Nassau in general is expensive. The foodstore2go mark-up over local grocery store prices (if there is one at all) is one of the better values you'll find on a trip to Atlantis.