We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

Brooklyn, New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

Anyone that has purchased the meal plan please let me know if you really think it is worth it at 140 per person a night. It only includes breakfast and dinner, not even lunch. My girlfriend and I were thinking we could save money by Eating Cereal in the morning. We do want to eat at one of their fine dining restaurants such as Casa di Angelo or The Seafire Steakhouse at least 2 of our 4 nights. I just don't know how much the prices are in these restaurants, or the buffets because there are no prices listed. Any info on prices or your opinion on the meal plan are greatly appreciated!

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

Totally not worth it unless you are HUGE eaters--plus I don't believe it includes the gratuity which is based on what your food ordered came to in price..........

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

We just got back from a week at Atlantis. Did not do the meal plan and here is why:

2 adults, 2 kids

We ate at nice restaurants all week both in Atlantis and in Nassau. 2 to 3 meals each day.

Meal Plan: Would have been around $3200 for all 4 of us. This does not include alcohol and gratuity. Would have easily exceeded $4000 with alcohol and gratuity.

What we actually spent: $2000 including alcohol and gratuity.

Do not do the meal plan. So not worth it.

I will post a trip and dining report later this week as soon as I get caught up here at the office.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,861 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

We never buy a meal plan anywhere, never makes sense to pre pay for food you don't know if you'll even eat. We bring small breakfast stuff from home (breakfast bars, mini muffins, etc.), pick up some drinks (soda, water, juice) across from marina village to keep in your room and bring by the pools/beach (bring a soft sided cooler from home). Lunch by the pools, lots of meal deals with refillable sodas. Also a meal plan restricts you to eating on property, you may want to venture out at least once :)

Bethel, Connecticut
Level Contributor
590 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

Not only does the meal plan restrict you to eating on property, it limits you to certain restaurants. Without the meal plan, you have the option of grabbing sandwiches at Quiznos or coffee/doughnuts from Dunkin and saving money with a few quick meals. You only break even with the meal plan if you habitually eat three course meals at every sitting.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

Yeah, just talked to some recent guests. Plan looks very restrictive on the venues. I seriously doubt you're going to pay for $140 worth of food and happen to order items that come to more than that. Yes, remember, if you order $100 worth of food (on meal plan) they're still going to tack on $15 to your room tab for the mandatory gratuity. The meal is far from 'paid for' with the plan. I know I'd feel like I was throwing away money anytime I ate something/somewhere that wasn't on the plan.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

The meal plan is not worth it.

You have to buy it for all of the days of your stay.

Do you eat breakfast every morning? (Realize, your first day there...you probably missed it)

It does not include any lunches.

It limits where and when you can eat, heck, it even limits (in some cases) what you can eat.

Fillmore, Utah
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

Is the food plan ever offered as an incentive (like it is at Disneyworld)?

8. Re: Atlantis Paradise Island, Atlantis Meal Plan Worth It?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 07:15