We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

room for family of 5

arkansas
1 post
Save Topic
room for family of 5

Does anyone know where a family of five can stay in one room? thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: room for family of 5

Premium one bedroom units at harborside condos at the Atlantis can accomidate 5p ersons. Check the Atlantis website for rates and availability. www.atlantis.com

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: room for family of 5

As noted - Harborside is one option if you can find a deal.

Our family of 5 gets 2 adjoining rooms at the Comfort Suites. One with a king bed for mom and dad and another with 2 doubles and a sofa bed for the kids. The have rooms with an interior adjoining door so you can either leave it open or close it as you prefer. It is two rooms so it can be expensive even at the Comfort Suits but makes for a great vacation.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: room for family of 5

The premium room at Harborside will allow 5. I guess it would depend on your family and age of everyone and who can sleeep where and such. Our premium one bedroom was fine for family of four (two teenagers) It was a bedroom with large bed, pull-out sofa with queen sleeper and the room had plenty of room for roll-away bed or something. Not sure what they provide but I do know they allow it in the premium. I will say that I got my Harborside rental off ebay for less than I could stay at Comfort Suites.I paid 1500.00 total for 7 nights. . No hidden cost when I arrived, no taxes, surcharges, etc... I did not have to attend time share meeting. I don't think you will find many places you can stay and sleep five in Paradise Island for 7 nights for this price and have the space and comforts of home. Also, is kids are teenagers you will be glad you are on Atlantis property so you will know they are safe. I am afraid of everything and after about the first night I allowed my teenagers to shuttle to and from teen club each night without us. I did it the first two nights until I felt fine about the safety. That was a big plus also. Also, Harborside is nice with large family because you have kitchen, patio, really large bath. Although it is one bath it is designed like a Jack/Jill bath so more than one person can use at time. It has two seperate vanity areas with doors , toilet in another area, large shower, and then a seperate reallly large tub. (jet maybe) The best part is washer/dryer. This is great with large family for two reasons. You don't have to carry as much and you don't have to travel home with dirty laundry. The Comfort Suites seems to be fine but it is just a hotel room. I felt like I had a little condo. It was nice to have room to spread out and not be on top of each other. We could go to the bedroom, son could do PS2 in great room, daughter could do lap top on patio, etc... Not fun on vacation but I could even run in and do a load of laundry and keep everything clean. (The joy of being the mother on vacation!!!) I hope this will help and is not TMI!!

united states
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: room for family of 5

Hi zoe2722,

Your stay sounds great. I also have a family of 5 with two teens and I have been researching staying at Harborside. It is really expensive booking through the Atlantis website for 4 days so you really got a good deal on ebay for 7 days. What month did you find this deal? Did you purchase from a timeshare owner? I search ebay everyday trying to find a deal but i havent seen anything yet. Maybe it is too early because i am looking June. Atlantis seems like the best place for a family because there is so much to do. Thanks

Arkansas
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: room for family of 5

Yes. I booked on ebay for the last week of July. I probably did not buy it until mid or late May. What I did was book my room with Comfort Suites and Atlantis direct. I did not use a travel website or anything. This way I could cancel anytime up to 24 hours before travel. When I got the deal I wanted on ebay I cacancelled CS with on problem at all. Also, don't book to early with Atlantis. They will offer specials as date gets closer. Be careful if you use Travelocity or somethng. You can not cancel and pay all up front. I also got airline through cheaptickets.com and got the best price. I did Harborside and airfare for the price I was going to pay through Atlantis. Yes, on ebay you are buying through a timeshare owner. Keep watching ebay. You will see your date soon. YOu might even get a great price on a two bedroom. This would be great! I am sure you have done your homework but check out powerboat adventures for the best day of your trip!!

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: room for family of 5

As far as booking late at Atlantis,that's a bad idea.Unless your going off season you will likely regret that choice.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: room for family of 5

also you can watch travelzoo.com and find great deals at Atlantis. I would not wait on Atlantis without a back-up plan but I do know after I booked I got emails until the day we left about last minute rates at Atlantis but you could not take them if you had already booked there. I am sure it does matter about time of year not sure what is consider off season we went late July but I received specials all of June and July. I planned this trip and worked on rates and such for over 6 months. You just have to spend a lot of time on it to get best rates or if you have more money than time just book it and be done with it and not worry about price and such. I also know people that stay at Comfort Suites seem to be ok with it also unless you are someone that only stays in 5 star resorts and such. Each family has different things that makes them happy. With teens, I just enoyed being on the property and everyone could run around and do their own thing. Have fun planning. I will also say trip advisor was such a big help with info about things to do, to pack, etc...

Arlington, MA
Level Contributor
513 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: room for family of 5

I was able to find a unit at Harborside through www.vrbo.com. It's a great site where people with villas/vacation condos post available units.

With the cost of food at Atlantis, it's nice to know you can make your own coffee and bagels in the morning for a fraction of the price you'd pay at the restaurants.

new york
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: room for family of 5

Try a Timeshare Villa - some can sleep 6 - Westwind 2 - is compact - with a small kitchen - 2 bedrooms and a sleep sofa -

also ask at Sandyport Beaches Resort timeshare - if there is space they will rent the units - Nassau, Bahamas

Iowa
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: room for family of 5

You should check out vrbo.com for your stay at Harborside. This is how I booked our spring break trip. We own at the Maui resort and use it to rent our time out. It is a good resource.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island