We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air to Out Islands

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Air to Out Islands

My husband has a couple extra days he has to use for vacation before the end of the month. Since we will be in Grand Bahama next week we were thinking about trying to get to Abaco or Eluethera for a couple of days just to get off the island.

What are the chances of getting a flight out on a Thursday morning and what are the names of the companies I should look at that fly there?

It's either this or a quick trip to Key West, just trying to figure out options and see if it's doable.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air to Out Islands

Regional Air and Flamingo Air, if you want non-stop. Other routes exist 1-stop through Nassau. Or there is the Abaco ferry.

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air to Out Islands

Thanks once again!

I'll check it out.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air to Out Islands

Hey daffy,

I think most of the KW flights go through Ft Lauderdale and are a bit pricey. It's about 250 miles to KW.

If you do go there, let me know, we go twice a year and can give you some great places to visit.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 15:07
Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air to Out Islands

It's looking more like Key West as it looks like he can only get one day and it's easier to do. Flights won't get us back from the out islands in time for our current flight.

Thanks for the offer Mike, I'll be trying to figure it out in the next few days and maybe next week in Grand Bahama. I've been there once before for a couple of days but can use all the help I can get. Will send you a PM with questions.

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air to Out Islands

And so we decided not to go just this morning. It got a little pricey with airfare so close and we may do it another time but not this trip. Can't complain too much though as we will still be in the Bahamas.

Thanks anyway though.

6. Re: Air to Out Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Grand Bahama Island