We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which island and hotel??

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
which island and hotel??

hello

i wonder if anyone could recommend an island for us to visit end of may 2013. we are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (9 and 13) were from UK. we are going to be flying from miami for 1 week. we want a relaxing beach holiday. looking for between 4-5* hotel also what will the weather be like?

any tips or advice would be greatly received.

thanks in advance

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which island and hotel??

Sounds like you could do the Grand Lucayan or Old Bahama Bay on Grand Bahama Island. Weather in May is typically warm and sunny, temps in the low 80s, a nice time to visit.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which island and hotel??

thank you johann & sandra, i will have a look on their websites, do you think we will need a car while were there?

thanks

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which island and hotel??

If you pick Grand Lucayan, I wouldn't bother with a car - most things are within walking distance. Old Bahama Bay you will want one unless you plan on staying mostly at the resort.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which island and hotel??

thank you

5. Re: which island and hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:15