We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bishop's Bonefishing Resort.

Luray VA
Level Contributor
432 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bishop's Bonefishing Resort.

anyone been here or know anything about it. I see it on tripadvisor, but when i click on the link with priceline to see about reservations, it comes up with ocean parl bonefishing. they look similar but not the same.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
670 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bishop's Bonefishing Resort.

Many hotels are not available for booking thru TripAdvisor, including Bishops. Just read the reviews on TripAdvisor and then go to the hotel's website to book. http://bishopsresort.net/. The reviews should tell you about what you need to know, nothing has changed out there since the last review.

It is right next door to Ocean Pearl in the small town of High Rock. High Rock has some of the friendliest and most genuine people you will ever meet. The beach is gorgeous, stretches literally for miles to the west, there is Bishops restaurant and bar onsite and Diamonds by the Sea, the restaurant for Ocean Pearl next door, along with a few very small, very informal places in High Rock.

Bishops is really a motel, but I've been told the rooms are nice enough as long as you're not really expecting today's definition of a resort. The reviews seem to confirm that. Bishop himself is quite a character, known by everyone, and always manning the bar outside. Great local style food there, including the best crack conch on the island, fried fish, etc. It is just at the edge of High Rock - you can walk into town from there, though there isn't much to walk to, just people's homes mostly, several churches, and a couple small bars. Make sure to rent a car because High Rock is pretty isolated and if you want to do much of anything on your trip you will want one.

If you are looking for something isolated with a great beach and real local vibe without needing anything fancy at all for a place to stay, I think Bishops is a good choice. It is about 30-40 minutes from Lucaya and about 30 minutes from East End.

2. Re: Bishop's Bonefishing Resort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 07:17