We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gifts for hotel staff

Bridgewater, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gifts for hotel staff

When I went to the Dominican Republic a few years ago I took small gifts, such as toothpaste, shampoo, school supplies, etc for the hotel staff and they seemed to appreciate the gesture. Is this something that I should do on my trip to Freeport? I am going Feb 5th and staying at Viva Fortuna. Bonnie

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gifts for hotel staff

Unlike the people in the Dominican, the Bahamians enjoy much more of a middle class lifestyle. They have houses, cars, etc. They are easily able to buy things at the local stores just as we do. Although your gesture is certainly with heart, my personal opinion is that it would be inappropriate in a place like the Bahamas.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gifts for hotel staff

If you want to leave something in way of a tip, I'd recommend good old cash.

Orillia, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Nassau, Nassau
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gifts for hotel staff

Tutman is quite right. I would have given exactly the same information.

Bridgewater, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gifts for hotel staff

Thanks for your replies, this helps me greatly....seven more sleeps then in the Bahamas!!!!!

5. Re: Gifts for hotel staff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Freeport