We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
125 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

Hello All - just booked a trip to the Viva Wyndham for January 2011. Got what we believe to be a fantastic price so why not get out of the NYC winter weather. I have read through a couple recent reviews and they don't seem to be all that bad. With the price we are paying we do not have high expectations. Just looking to relax, drink, and fill our belly's. Any insight anyone could provide to help make our stay that much more enjoyable would be greatly appreciated. Any suggestions on how to handle the "rude" front desk, which building to stay in, where to eat the "better" meals, and how to make the most of our 4 nights in the Bahamas??? Look forward to hearing from you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1,005 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

We are booked for April, PM me with your email and I will send you a list of all the tips I have compiled from reading thru these boards.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

We also booked 5 night stay Jan. 21-26 because the price was ridiculously cheap. We also are not expecting anything special but a 3 star hotel. the beach looks beautiful and we also are there just to get away from wisconsin's cold winter, chill and have some fun in the sun. I have been reading reviews also so anything you find out about rudeness etc. let me know. I am hoping to get upgraded to an oceanview room if we don't already have one so I need to know how to treat front desk personnel if that even makes a difference!

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

I'm booked for Jan 1st - 8th. From the reviews I've read, the general atmosphere of the place seems extremely relaxed and carefree. I'm going to tip even though it's all-inclusive. Being it's a 3-star resort and many people may be accustomed to 5-star, I'll operate off this basic strategy: If you have no expectations, you're less likely to be disappointed.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1,005 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

Im looking forward to a relaxing vacation on a great beach. AI for unlimited drinks, breakfast sounds fine, Lunch--BBQ I will be fine and at the price I'm paying, I can always dine out if I am so unhappy with the cusine, but as you said it is what it is. I am not looking for 5 star white glove at an all inclusive in the Bahamas.

Clifton Illinois
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

I also just booked this resort for Jan 19-26!! My husband's Birthday and Xmas present! Very excited! Not really concerned with the bad reviews! How bad can it be compared to being in Chicago in January! I know the beach will be great and I'm sure we won't starve or dehydrate so what more can you ask for??? Plus we got a great price through Cheap Carribean - $730pp for 7 days flying out of Chicago including all taxes and fees!!! Can't beat that!! Hope to see u there!!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

Funny thing, we are going 1/21-1/26 and celebrating my birthday too! and yes it beats the cold, snowy Wisconsin weather! We also will be leaving from Chicago. We paid 575 pp for 5 nights...so that is cheap 5 night 6 day getaway! We'll probably run into there!

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

Heading there to dive Jan 13-17, CheapCaribbean as well out of Dulles. Ice down those Kalik's!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1,005 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

Great---I look forward to reading everyone's trip report!

9. Re: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - Here we come!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Freeport
Recent Conversations