We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More good news on transportation

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
More good news on transportation

More airline connections. Somebody is on the ball in the tourism department lately.

airlinesanddestinations.com/airlines/…

airlinesanddestinations.com/airlines/…

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More good news on transportation

And the nice thing with that is it also restores the direct (with touchdown in West Palm) flight from Orlando.

Edited: 25 October 2011, 13:53
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More good news on transportation

Sky Bahamas is about to start flying from West Palm Beach.

www.thenassauguardian.com/index.php…

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More good news on transportation

This is also good news for us as we sometimes take Spirit down which I'm pretty sure connects in West Palm.

Talking to people on the island and they are very excited about all of this.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More good news on transportation

Today, there was a jumbo jet from Air Poland at the airport...I'm told by an airport employee that it will likely become a weekly flight. There were three full buses lined up to take people to their hotels. This was a huge plane, a 767 I think. Don't see many of those these days.

Gulfstream is upgrading their 19-passenger planes to 34-passenger Saabs on both the Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach routes, further increasing capacity.

Today, there was a jumbo jet from Air Poland at the airport...I'm told by an airport employee that it will likely become a weekly flight. There were three full buses lined up to take people to their hotels. This was a huge plane, a 767 I think. Don't see many of those these days.

Gulfstream is upgrading their 19-passenger planes to 34-passenger Saabs on both the Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach routes, further increasing capacity.

…sun-sentinel.com/south-florida-travel/…

I flew American from Miami and it was sold out, full capacity. First time ever I think I've seen that. All of this is very exciting.

Edited: 27 October 2011, 01:03
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More good news on transportation

Sunwing Airlines from Canada is eyeing Grand Bahama as their next destination. They're starting Nassau this year, GB likely to be next.

tribune242.com/business/11042011_nm-sunwing_…

Vision started today.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More good news on transportation

Vision Airlines is doing nonstops from five cities:

http://www.visionairlines.com/index.html

From Louisville you can do a Sun-Sun or Thur-Sun

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1 post
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More good news on transportation

We took Vision Airlines for a trip from Ft. Lauderdale in November of 2011. While the flight was great you have to really carefully read the fine print for the prices. They advertised a very low price but by the time you added on all the fees, the fare was much higher.

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More good news on transportation

Just found out that there is Nonstop service on US Air from Philadelphia to Freeport on Saturdays this winter. This is new and good news for us. We always had to connect before either in Charlotte, Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

How great!

We are leaving tomorrow for another week taking Vision Air for the first time. Should be interesting.

Things are definitely looking up for Grand Bahama Island.

9. Re: More good news on transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Freeport