We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
3 posts
Save Topic
Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

I have booked a trip to The Grand Lucayan but realized I am staying in the Reef Villiage building on the property. Does anyone no anything about the accomodations? Are the rooms dated etc...

Thanks

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

If you use the search box up above, put in "reef village" in quotes, there are several forums that discuss the area.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

That would be surprising, Reef Village has been closed for a while now. Only the Radisson buildings are open, unless something is planned to change before you arrive.

Boston...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

Thanks for the responses. I didn't have luck locating the forums as suggested. One building is still referred to as the Reef Villiage. I am just curious if the accomodations are equal to Breakers Cay, the main building?

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

The Reef Village section has been closed for a few years now so no one has stayed in them lately and be able to tell you their condition. I would send an email their way and see if what they sent you is correct and if they are thinking about reopening Reef Village and if so will they be renovating.

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

Just found this:

cheapcaribbean.com/deals/grand-lucayan-reef-…

Does anyone know if they are reopening?

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

Just called Caribbean.com and was told that they are reopening in February but than anybody that books for January at their rates will be upgraded to Breaker's Cay.

This is what I was told by a sales rep on the phone and I would still call Grand Lucayan directly to confirm this info before assuming it is true.

If it is, a very good thing for Grand Bahama.

Boston...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

Thanks so much this was super useful.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

Grand Lucayan just reopened the Kids Club, which is located on the Reef Village property, so that is a good sign. The Kids Club is a big part of what made the Reef Village (Sheraton at that time) the #1 family resort in the Caribbean region by Parents magazine about 3 years back. Prop Club has also reopened.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

I was told by a cruise sales rep that it is opening in February and will be entirely renovated. Seems like a good alternative to the grand lucaya, if what they say is true...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reef Villiage Grand Lucayan Accomodations

I should also add that we decided not to pursue the cruise and stay package; instead, we decided to book an expedia package for flight and the grand lucayan. I'm just hoping we won't get stuck with additional fees/taxes at the hotel.