We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Trip to Other Islands

Sunny Tampa
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Trip to Other Islands

Good Evening All!

Are these companies that provide services to go to some of the other outer islands of the Bahamas (Exuma) ect. I will be staying at the Radisson Grand Lucayan. I know you can do it from Nassau but not sure of the others. Thanks.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Trip to Other Islands

Check out this discussion

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147420-i186-k4010…

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Trip to Other Islands

The only major island (not counting the cays) that has ferry service from GBI is Abaco, and you have to drive 1 hour out to East End to catch it. Then it drops you off in the middle of nowhere and no taxis or buses are available at the pier, so you have to make advance arrangements. Smiling Pat will take you there on a day trip - www.smilingpat.com - seems expensive, but half the fee is the ferry tickets which run over $100pp RT.

Other than that, the only way to access any major island by boat is to contract a speedboat on a private basis with a company like Go Fast Adventures or Exotic Adventures, which is cost prohibitive unless you have several people. They'll take you to Abaco or Bimini.

Exuma, Andros, Eleuthra, etc are all accessed either by plane or from Nassau by ferry.

There are a few cays off the ends of GBI, there are many discussions on them in this forum including a few in the past week or two.

3. Re: Boat Trip to Other Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 10:28