We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water In Freeport

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Water In Freeport

My husband and I are going to the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach in three weeks with our 6 month old. I am a bit curious about the water their. I know you cant drink it but I am nervous about bathing the baby because his hands are always in his mouth when we give him a bath I am just curious if I should be concerned about this?

Thanks...

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water In Freeport

Why can't you drink the water? This isn't Haiti. There are no issues drinking the water at the resort or in town.

Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water In Freeport

Thats good to know!! Our travel agent told us never to drink the water in an caribbean island. I was just concerned about my little one getting ill.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water In Freeport

The tap water in the resorts is perfectly safe to drink. Many will drink bottled water, just because they may not care for the taste. If you were staying in a private home off the beaten path, that could be an issue, as there are residences that rely on well water.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water In Freeport

Wow, your travel agent must never travel! We've been to plenty of islands where you have no issues drinking the water at the resort. Dominican Republic is the only one I would shy away from.

Fort Wright...
Level Contributor
393 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water In Freeport

Some of the water on Caribbean islands - Jamaica - better than our tap water at home.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water In Freeport

We just returned from the Grand Lucaya and traveled around the island. We drank tap water at every restaurant we went to with no problems.

central KY
Level Contributor
20 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water In Freeport

off the subject but if you desire a tub (because of a baby) you may want to request one. there wasn't a tub in our room but a nice newly tiled walk in shower.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water In Freeport

I was just looking into this resort for my husband and myself for a relaxing vacation before our baby comes. I will be 5 mos pregnant when we go. Just wondering what your experience was like-I am also concerned about the water. Any advise would be welcome-

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water In Freeport

I was just looking into this resort for my husband and myself for a relaxing vacation before our baby comes. I will be 5 mos pregnant when we go. Just wondering what your experience was like-I am also concerned about the water. Any advise would be welcome-

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water In Freeport

There is no concern about the water on GBI. It is safe to drink throughout the island. The water is very hard so the taste is a bit yuck, so I drink bottled or filtered just out of preference for the taste, not anything to do with safety.