We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

Huntersville, North...
Level Contributor
259 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

I'm here for the next 5 days...ill be popping into the lobby occasionally to get on wifi, so if you have questions ask away! Ill do my best to answer

brooklyn new york
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

Hi Hope you are still having a good time!! Me and hubby are arriving on Friday on a cruise. Trying to figure out how to get there. A tour company quoted $70.00 each roundtrip but I heard a taxi would charge 2 for $30.00 which would be better. Is that what the taxi price is?? Would be a huge help if you could find out for us.

Thanks for all your help.

We are not picky people so I'm looking forward to a good time.

Huntersville, North...
Level Contributor
259 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

Absolutely take a cab!! The port is right by the airport and it cost us 25 for the cab ride. 15 mins tops to the resort.

brooklyn new york
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

OMG thank you soooo much. That tour company was a rip off and said it was a long way from the port to the hotel and when I asked them how long of a distance was it. Never replied to my e-mail. Thanks for the reply!!!

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

Take a walk down to the Sand Bar for a drink....nice mix of folks there...they serve Strongback Stout which is worth the walk...conch fritters were good also...

Edited: 26 January 2013, 19:08
brooklyn new york
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

will do and thanks for the tip...how are the vendors on the beach...annoying??

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

A few hair braiders and shell sellers...not too annoying...only registered vendors can come up on the property ...Edna being one of them and she is not pushy...some kids walk along the shore line but you ignore them and they move on...ask for a room in the B block....less noisy at night...

Edited: 26 January 2013, 20:37
Huntersville, North...
Level Contributor
259 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

The vendors aren't bad. They'll ask you each morning if you want anything, I politely say no thanks and they leave you alone the rest of the day. Actually, I went snorkeling right off the resort and have found 8 conch. Mike, one of the vendors cleaned all 8 for 10 bucks and I shared the conch meat with him right there on the beach. It was a cool experience

Definitely get an ocean front room. We are in Bimini 1 and its the best spot on the resort. The most ocean front of all blocks and away from the noise of the disco

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

Hello, thanks for your help.

how the water temperature? can you swim? Is there lots of sunshine? I am going at the end of Feb with my teenage daughter, any advice?

Many thanks indeed, Anna

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

Anna , just have fun...good swimming and lots of sunshine...we met a lot of Montrealers when we were there...they were escaping the late December snows...had fun practicing my French on them...heading up there the first weekend in April...

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Live from viva Wyndham! Any questions?

Thank you very much. Warm wishes

Get answers to your questions about Freeport