We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

STay away from the island seas

EIRE pa
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
STay away from the island seas

Dont get sucked into there timshare trap! They will rip you off. Save your money. Just a word of advice!

EIRE pa
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: STay away from the island seas

I know this sounds persitant but STAY AWAY FROM THE ISLAND SEAS. If all time shares are like this STAY AWAY FROM TIMESHARE RESORTS. Thats my opinion.

Kane, PA
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: STay away from the island seas

chris - Hello from Kane, PA....we are looking at doing a getaway this winter through Interval Int, there is availability in Island Seas for $600/7 nites. You don't sound to thrilled with it, but how is the resort and island itself? Are the bugs that bad?

Aruba has openings also, but never having been to either, flights are a little cheaper to Freeport and it is closer to us. And it sounds like Bahamas are a little friendlier and cheaper.

Since it is a Getaway ( we own in Orlando) I don't know if we would be involved in any sales presentations.

What would your recommendations be for someone who has not been to Aruba or Freeport. Heck just give me a beach and sun, I'm happy. (I prefer sand that is a little softer than Presque Isle though) Thanks for the input from yourself....or others that may be able to provide us with some insight/recommendations....have a Great New Year to all.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: STay away from the island seas

We are also staying at the Island Seas - leaving on the 13th. My sister in law did an exchange. We won't be doing the timeshare presentation because we already own in Massachusetts. Did you like the resort or the Island at all. Thanks.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
117 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: STay away from the island seas

As I have said many times. "Everyone has a right to their opionion!"

We are owners at Island Seas. It is about a 3 star resort. It is a timeshare so don't expect service like at a resort or hotel.

The rooms are clean, the people are very friendly, the beach is beautiful and the weather is the best. I have also been to Aruba and it was hotter then I like. Had to leave the beach it got so hot.

Bahamas always has a nice tropical breeze. Look up their site, it is just what it looks like. I have been to just about every island in the carribeean and we bought at Island Seas. Two weeks. We are middle class professionals who like to travel. But we always keep coming back here. The restaurant is OK but we eat a lot in our unit and go to Lucaya at the Market Place for dinner.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
221 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: STay away from the island seas

We have been going to GBI for 10 years. We traded a timeshare into Island Seas and bought one at Island Seas about 7 years ago. We now own an ocean front and a 2 bedroom at Island Seas, plus a Marriott in Vegas. Timeshare ownership is really personal preference. I enjoy getting up, making coffee and sitting on my balcony looking at the ocean. Then I can make my breakfast instead of eating a restaurant. We bring some food with us, as food is expensive in the Bahamas. Island Seas is like a second home to us, we meet up with friends there each year. We are going again this June and cannot wait.

We have always had good service and the staff has always been friendly and helpful, but then we are respectful and nice to them as well.

Island Seas has undergone renovations, granite counters and new beds. Can't wait to see our unit. We have always been able to go any week we have chosen.

Islands are much different than the states. Island Seas is not as luxurious as our Marriott, but we enjoy it equally as well. It is just different.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
117 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: STay away from the island seas

I am writing this from Grand Cayman, I traded another timeshare. Grand Cayman is VERY BEAUTIFUL BUT VERY VERY EXPENSIVE.

The restaurants are at LEAST twice as much as GBI. I honestly have to tell you, I am going to our timeshare at Island Seas in April and can't wait. Going to other timeshares just makes me appreciate Island Seas that much more. We are staying at Morritt's Ttortuga resort, NICE but I will take my Island Seas over it. Can't wait till April to go to our Second Home.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: STay away from the island seas

I LOVE hearing such positive news! We just booked at Island Seas for over next New Year's and am, of course, a little nervous about some of the reviews about service, etc. The way I look it, we will have nowhere else to be and wont' mind "island time" at all. Can't wait to be able to post a review...I'm counting on it being positive! Yikes, I still have 9 months to wait!

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
117 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: STay away from the island seas

Hi Luker,

Just got home today from Grand Cayman. I have really discovered in our travels that you can't please everyone. We have been to at least 80% of the islands, and it all depends on what you are looking for. Island Seas is a strong 3 star resort in our opinion. Just remember it is a TIMESHARE. You will not get the same service that you would at Our Lucaya. Also, We were there New Years Eve ten years ago. Junkanoo is GREAT. But remember it can be cool in the evenings. You will get the same weather as Miami. It takes sometimes checking out other timeshares to know what you have is not all that bad. GBI is a relaxing island. Not a lot of GLITZ I& Glitter. We are in our mid 50's and like it that way. Our favorite restaurants are Luciano's, Banana Bay for lunch, Cappachino, La Dolce Vita, the pub for lunch. Coconuts at Island Seas is ok for breakfast or lunch, they are building a new restaurant and it should be done (all depends on island time!!!ha) by the time you go there. Just relax and you will enjoy. The people on GBI are very friendly and nice. And soooo many people complain about the $$$$$. I think it is like Boston or NY. Grand Cayman 4 people - 4 dinners - 4 drinks, 1 appetizer - 1 dessert = $225.00 - 250.00 US. Same meal in the Bahamas maybe $160.00. Also every meal salads were extra as was bread in some restaurants. They also add 15% tip and many people complain about that in the Bahamas.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: STay away from the island seas

Thanks for the info, loaf. Good, bad or otherwise, we actually took the meal plan offerred at Island Seas..I'm hoping that wasn't a big mistake. And while I understand it's not really "AI" we just didn't want to have to deal with finding someplace to eat at every meal, although we do plan on eating out a few times. Regarding service, I just need a bartender! :)

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: STay away from the island seas

Also, does anyone happen to have the e-mail address to the concierge there? I always like to make personal contact before I go anywhere. Thank you!

Get answers to your questions about Freeport