We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's

Arkansas
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's

We will be traveling to Freeport for New Year's Eve. We are in our late 40s and enjoy fine dining. Loud music and discos are really not our thing. Are there scheduled parades on New Year's Day? Suggestions?

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's

There will be a Junkanoo parade on New Years Day. You will want to check it out for sure.

On New Years Eve, Grand Lucayan is having a ball with The Temptations playing. Count Basie Square will have a live band with fireworks. Very fun and free.

You can book a table at Luciano's and you can dine overlooking the scene. Or at Flying Fish and then walk over.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's

Hi J&S - what time does the Freeport Junkanoo Parade start? Thnx :)

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's

According to the press release, it will start at 6:00 PM this year.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's

Ahhh - my kind of time. I think I need to come to Freeport for Junkanoo.

5. Re: New Year's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Freeport