We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion Advice

New Market, Maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
Excursion Advice

I recently read a tourist warning for Nassau and we are traveling there via Carnival cruise in 2 weeks. We are debating if we should walk to a beach, go to Blue Lagoon, go to Atlantis, take a snorkel trip, do a hotel day trip (British Colonial Hilton) or do the dolphin swim/ beach day at Balmoral Island. We are traveling with our 7 year old daughter.

What we are looking for: beach with some activities (snorkel, kayak, pool, dolphin swim, etc...) maybe some shopping (but not a necessity)

Does anyone have any advice for excursions or input in the traveling warnings?

THANKS!

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
670 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursion Advice

Probably will be most helpful to post this in the Nassau forum.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursion Advice

I wouldn't really worry about the travel warning. My opinion is that your risk is minimal for a day off the cruise ship. Any of the above you mentioned are very safe and usually include a pick up from the port. There are tons of taxi's around too. What was the tourist warning? There is crime anywhere, but I don't think you should be worried about a day in Nassau. Look at the Nassau forum for ideas.

3. Re: Excursion Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:17