We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lesson re: Staniel Cay Yacht Club - Book Early!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
317 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Lesson re: Staniel Cay Yacht Club - Book Early!

So, we decided on Staniel Cay Yacht Club over the Abacos for our 10th anniversary. Thanks to everyone who helped. We are going in late June, and I was frankly amazed that their cottages accommodations are almost completely booked for June (and May , April, July). I thought we'd have our choice six months out - boy, was I wrong!

We were able to get the Orange cottage for three of our four nights. We will be in a larger, non-waterfront Periwinkle cottage on our first night. We pack light, so moving is no big deal for us.

I guess SCYC is popular, huh? Anyway, we are really thrilled and cannot wait. It looks awesome and we can't wait to tool around in our little Whaler.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lesson re: Staniel Cay Yacht Club - Book Early!

You will have a great time. I think I booked about 8 or 9 months ahead of time to get the Key Lime Cottage when we went.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lesson re: Staniel Cay Yacht Club - Book Early!

And they have the new villa cottages online soon. I believe a few are already open. SCYC has always been popular among those in the know, but it's now quite in demand!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lesson re: Staniel Cay Yacht Club - Book Early!

I am very curious about the new cottages too- we get emails from them and the latest said that the new cottages come with a 17' whaler (rather than the 13 footer we had with the other cottage)- I would love to know more but there was limited "roll out" information on the post. I am assuming the new cottages are kind of up the hill behind the dive shop- anyone know? I am hoping someone will post a trip report with photos!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lesson re: Staniel Cay Yacht Club - Book Early!

Are those new cottages called Buttonwood and something else? They are fairly expensive per night ($295 before the inclusive rate is added). The lady on the phone said something about those being on the water. They were available during my dates.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lesson re: Staniel Cay Yacht Club - Book Early!

I think I would stick with what you have unless you get more information. As long as you are not expecting "luxe" you will have a wonderful time- it is a gorgeous and friendly little spot.

6. Re: Lesson re: Staniel Cay Yacht Club - Book Early!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 10:18