We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandbar Fantasy - I need your input

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Topic
Sandbar Fantasy - I need your input

Greetings Bahamas affectionados!

I need you input for my Sandbar Fantasy vacation. I'm looking for a remote out island that has excellent kayaking. In particular, I want to be in close proximity to sand bars, small islets and great pocket beaches. For me, it's all about the gin clear waters and amazing colors. Some great snorkeling wouldn't hurt either. The fewer people, the better.

The lodging doesn't need to be fancy, just not nasty. Anything under $250 a night is fine. I don't need a pool or high-end amenities; just an amazing location away from kids and crowds.

Thanks for your help!!!

Jon

College Station...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandbar Fantasy - I need your input

Not sure about the kayaking as I am not familiar with the sport, but the rest of your list can be found on the out islands like Green Turtle Cay off Abaco Island in the Bahamas.

Good luck!

ny
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandbar Fantasy - I need your input

Check out Cape Santa Maria on long island. The water doesnt get any clearer than that. There are kayaks availablet to take out to close sandbars.

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandbar Fantasy - I need your input

You just described Moriah Cay Harbour between Little and Great Exuma. Kayaking in close proximity to Hartswell/Rolletown/Forbes Hill area rentals.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandbar Fantasy - I need your input

The area around Staniel Cay in the Exumas would be a great spot as well. The Staniel Cay Yacht Club (tiny little low key place) has kayaks you can use.

5. Re: Sandbar Fantasy - I need your input

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 11:40