We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eleuthera ant then what out island next

BLOOMINGDALE, OHIO
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
eleuthera ant then what out island next

Have been to Eleuthera 4 times but would like to explore another out island. What one would you say is similar and is there an outisland with golf cart rentals like Spanish Wells

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eleuthera ant then what out island next

We love Eleuthera with our 2nd most favorite being Long Island. You'll need a car though. Been to Andros too, also a car is needed. We're heading to Great Guana Cay (Abaco) in May and there are no cars to rent, just golf carts. It's going to be a bit less "out islandy" than Eleuthera or Long Island but we chose it because it's easy to get there from central FL. Also maybe look at Staniel Cay in the Exumas.

BLOOMINGDALE, OHIO
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eleuthera ant then what out island next

Thank you. Will also look into Abaco too!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eleuthera ant then what out island next

So Jungledriver- you changed plans? Where are you staying on Guana? I think you will enjoy it.

Ohio- you might also look at Green Turtle Cay in the Abacos... we were there in May and loved it. Elbow Cay in the Abacos probably has more tourists but is a great place to visit as well. Both have only cart rentals (and boat rentals).

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eleuthera ant then what out island next

Yep, our plans changed. We are going to be in Jax FL for a wedding in May and I thought, hey, why not try and hop over to the Bahamas? So the Abacos are fairly easy to get to from FL and that's why we're going. Chose Guana because of the offshore reefs and it seems to be one of the more quiet cays (we don't want to feel like we're still in FL)! We haven't picked a house yet but looking at a couple in the south end.

Still hoping to get back to Long Island this summer but that might be a stretch. Maybe November? I'm an island junkie for sure.

BLOOMINGDALE, OHIO
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eleuthera ant then what out island next

I will check into that today. Cart rental might be a fun change of pace. Now to find a rental there.

Thank you!

6. Re: eleuthera ant then what out island next

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 10:28