We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time between flights?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Enough time between flights?

Does anyone have thoughts about how realistic the following flights might be? I want to be sure we're allowing enough time.

1) Wisconsin to Nassau arriving @ 12p. Depart Nassau for Andros - Mangrove @ 4:30p. (4.5hrs).

2) Fly from Andros - Mangrove to Nassau arriving @ 7:20a & depart Nassau for Cat - Arthurs Town @ 9a (1.7hrs).

3) Fly from Cat - Arthurs Town to Nassau arriving @ 10:55a and depart Nassau for Wisconsin @ 12:50p (1.9hrs)

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time between flights?

The only one I'd be concerned about is the 3rd leg. Once you arrive in NAS you need to get your bags and take a shuttle to the US International terminal. You then check in/check bags and go through US customs and immigration. The last time we did this it was a breeze but it really all depends on your flight from Cat getting in on time and how busy US C/I is at that moment. We've done it in under 1 hour but I was stressing.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time between flights?

So, are you thinking we need to spend our last night in Nassau? Or do you think 2hrs is viable enough to "try"?

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough time between flights?

go for it, definitely! If your schedule is flexible enough to allow you to miss your flight and overnight in Nassau, then no harm no foul.

Great Exuma
Level Contributor
232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enough time between flights?

like the previous poster said everything looks fine ..but the last leg is a little tight..however, if everything falls into place and its not at peak time like summer months or holiday times you should be fine. i would say go for it.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enough time between flights?

Agreed, the 3rd leg is the issue. Airlines require a 2 hour check in time prior to departure (some say 3 hours) If your Cat Island flight is even 15 minutes late, you will have a problem, so it really is cutting things close.

To try to save some time, you may want to consider a few things. If you can, check in onlline for your US bound flight and print out boarding passes ahead of time. In some cases, this will save you time standing in line. Then, when you leave the domestic terminal, don't hang around waiting for a shuttle bus to arrive, just grab a taxi for the short ride over to the US terminal. It'll cost you around $8 but is a whole lot cheaper than an overnight hotel stay!

Or look into the possibility of an earlier flight out of Cat Island, even if you have to look at another airline/airport.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Enough time between flights?

Thank a lot for advice. We can't, technically, afford to miss it given we really should be back to work the following day! Not sure how peak of a day 3/18 will be? Any other thoughts on add'l airlines to check for Cat to Nassau flights? I was looking at SkyBahamas.

Great Exuma
Level Contributor
232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Enough time between flights?

i think southern air flies into cat island also..check their website:

http://www.southernaircharter.com/

Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Enough time between flights?

That is right during spring break time so I'd guess you figure from that.

9. Re: Enough time between flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 06:15