Starting to think about visiting the Out Islands, first time with family. Have 2 kids (8 and 2), particularly interested in Cape Santa Maria Resort in Long Island (beach looks perfect for us) and Grand Isle Resort in Great Exuma (also perhaps a few places in Harbour Island).
Looking to stay on a white sandy beach with calm (float-friendly), clear water. Also looking for a laid back, relaxing vacation, yet with some fun activities/excursions to do with kids. (Not TOO much activity though, want more beach/down time). Hoping to find a place with decent food choices (more quality choices vs. quantity) onsite or offsite, but doesn't necessarily have to be gourmet. Good, local and simple food is fine. (Beachside or unique restaurant settings would be nice too).
- Which resort or island would you recommend for us?
- What month/time of the year is good for warm water temps (80ish degrees). Would like to go in November or December but if water is too cold for us then, would go March/April 2014 or June/July 2014.
- Considering a split vacation, e.g. few nights in Great Exuma then few nights in Long Island. Is this a good idea with kids? Would this work out logistically? How long to stay on each?
- Leaning toward Cape Santa Maria because of the beach and newer beachfront villas. Like Grand Isle because of the upscale accommodations, nice pool (for kids), other resort amenities (spa, golf cart, etc.) and seems to have more off-resort things to do. Looks like GI has a very nice beach too. How does it compare to the one at CSM?
- Would 4-5 nights be enough time to relax and explore a bit at LI or GE? Would 7-8 nights be too long? For some background, we have spent an average of 7-10 nights in Turks & Caicos (Provo), 8 nights in Grand Cayman and could easily stay longer at either without getting bored. Seems like the Out Islands are more 'off the beaten path' (which is the draw)....just need opinions on how long to stay (at either).
- Are there any other resorts or villas you'd recommend with as spectacular of a beach as what looks to be at CSM? Ideally would like to stay somewhere beachfront, newer accommodations and with easy access to a beach like CSM's.
Sorry for all the questions....just really excited about the possibility of seeing these gorgeous beaches. All feedback and opinions appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!Edited: 05 March 2013, 00:36