We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shared fishing charter? Dec 30th?

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Shared fishing charter? Dec 30th?

My husband would love to try deep sea fishing but it's so expensive to do alone &/or with me & I can't find any group trips... Anyone interested?

Markham, ON
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Shared fishing charter? Dec 30th?

Hi there. We're going to be on Great Abaco for two weeks come December 21st. My brother-in-law and I were thinking about chartering a day's fishing. Would you mind emailing me with what your husband has in mind? My name's John. Email is jhoover@markham.ca Thanks!

Toronto
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shared fishing charter? Dec 30th?

I am staying in Treasure Cay and would like to share a fishing charter as well.

Mentioned in this post
Treasure Cay
Treasure Cay
Great Abaco Island
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shared fishing charter? Dec 30th?

That sounds great. I'm waiting to hear back from the other poster who is looking into it.

Nothing confirmed but my husband and I really keen. I suppose when may depend on the weather & sea conditions.

Will let you know when I know more

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shared fishing charter? Dec 30th?

I've heard from John, the fishing is not that great late December and we could be out there for 5hrs & catch nothing.

Pm me & I can forward his email

Th at sounds great. I'm waiting to hear back from the other poster who is looking into it.

Nothing confirmed but my husband and I really keen. I suppose when may depend on the weather & sea conditions.

Will let you know when I know more

Seattle
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shared fishing charter? Dec 30th?

We will also be there and interested in fishing. You can email me at lyke.ink@gmail.com. M.L.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shared fishing charter? Dec 30th?

You can always get skunked, that's why they call it fishing not catching, but the wahoo bite should be pretty good around then and, if not, make sure the charter has a backup plan to drop on the reef where something will be biting unless there's a cold upswell, in which case you hit a spot in the sea of abaco which shouldn't be as affected.

7. Re: Shared fishing charter? Dec 30th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2017, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Great Abaco Island