We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach resorts at great abaco island

gibraltar
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach resorts at great abaco island

We are thinking of visiting this island in July, is this a nice and safe island? Would like to stay in a good clean resort that offers rooms with direct access to the beach. Has anyone got any suggestions. The reason I have chosen this island is because it's only one hours flight from miami.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach resorts at great abaco island

very safe! If I were you, I would fly into MHH (Marsh Harbour) if that is what you are thinking then get a cab (about 10 minutes) to the ferry dock to Elbow Cay and take a 20 minute ferry- you can check on the internet and look at Hopetown Harbour Lodge, Abaco Inn or Sea Spray Resort there. Be sure to do your homework, read up on each place before deciding then check the ferry schedule to plan accordingly.

Or, you can fly into TCB (Treasure Cay) and check out the Treasure Cay Resort or other condos, home rentals in that area with a gorgeous beach as well. Do some research! Helpful information can be found on the forum at www.abacoforum.com

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach resorts at great abaco island

HTHL is lovely - http://www.hopetownlodge.com/

There is also a wide variety of vacation rentals in Hope Town and on Elbow Cay, for all budgets. A few house rental sites include hopetownhideaways and elbowcayproperties.

3. Re: Beach resorts at great abaco island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Great Abaco Island