We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut Palms Beach House?

Which Andros hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coconut Palms Beach House?

I am looking very closely at this house for a family vacation rental, but I've never done anything like this before, and want to take whatever precautions a person needs to before sending a stranger a lot of money.

Has anyone here stayed there before? And if you haven't stayed there exactly, what type of things should you take into consideration when renting over the internet?

Toronto
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

Hi there

Just wondering if in fact you rented this property as we also are in the process of renting it in Feb. 2008. I'd appreciate any info you could provide on your experience if you have been to this location.

Many thanks J&D in Toronto

Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

I did indeed rent it. However, our vacation runs late December-early January, so I can't tell you anything about it yet. :)

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
81 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

Hi, I was just wondering what you thought about your trip...we are considering Andros for our two-family vacation...4 adults and 3 small children. We want a beachfront house, and quiet with snorkeling and eating out as our main activities.

What did you think?

Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

South Andros was a wonderful place to be. Very, very quiet and very relaxing. :)

KatiemKatiem
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

We are thinking about renting the conconut palms beach house over christmas this year. What did you think of the accomodations? Thanks in advance!

colorado
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

Did you rent this house over Christmas? If so how did you like it. And how did you like the island of Andros?

Thanks

Grosse Pointe
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

My feeling about renting over the internet is it is very safe. Particularly if you find a house on one of the more popular rental sites like VRBO, Greatrentals.com.

Andros is a great island for a quiet out of the way get-away. I have spent a great deal of time in the Bahamas on many of the islands and I have yet to find snorkelling that compares to Andros, especially off the northern end of the island. Lighthouse Beach off of the southern tip of Eleuthera and Highburn Key in the Exuma chain have magical snorelling spots as well.

I stayed at Pleasant Dreams Beach House and it was great. The house is set up so that you can rent it in two different configurations. A two bedroom/one bath or a three bedroom/two bath home and I also understand they are building a small guest cottage on the property as well. The house is very well appointed.

As with almost all the Out Islands of the Bahamas it takes a bit more work to get there and a bit more work once you are there. Procuring groceries is relatively easy but you may have to go to a couple places to get everything on your list.

If you are searching for a low-key island where the water is your main source of entertainment than Andros won't disappoint. Enjoy

Indiana
Level Contributor
291 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

finiterre, your post has caught my eye! I've had Andros on the back burner for a while, but your post has me more interested. I know Andros has excellent fishing and diving, but I haven't read that much about snorkeling. Is it really that good? Also, most places seem to be located on South Andros. Where is Pleasant Dreams, and did you like the location? Thanks for any info you can offer!

Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

Finiterre, I too am interested in the Pleasant Dreams house on North Andros. My one snorkel on the reef on North Andros (near the Coconut Farm) was spectacular, and I would love to see it again. Are there local guides who could be hired to take one out to the reef?

Thanks for any info. As another note, the bonefishing off N. Andros was also spectacular.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coconut Palms Beach House?

Finiterre- if I have visited Eleuthera and Long Island, how much more "remote" would you consider Andros to be? I have been wondering about that as well. Snorkeling is our priority and we have found some fun but not wonderful snorkeling in the Abacos, Long Island, Harbour Island, Great Exuma and Eleuthera in past years. I am very interested to hear someone who obviously is very well versed in life on Eleuthera's ideas about Andros. Thanks for your replies and input.

Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations