We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lighthouse Yacht Club & Marina

Which Andros hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
2 posts
Save Topic
Lighthouse Yacht Club & Marina

I am looking for a place to take my family (wife and two teenage daughters) for spring break '09. We like beaches, snorkeling, ecotours. I am hoping not to spend too much and this looks like a good value. Any advice?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lighthouse Yacht Club & Marina

I have no experience with Andros although I have visited several other out islands. I was hoping you would get an answer because I am curious as well. I looked at the website for the place and also found some old TA reports (mixed reviews) of the hotel.

Athough I love the out islands, I wonder if for what you want you have considered the Tulum or Akumal areas of Mexico or even Isla Mujeres or Playa del Carmen although you would want to avoid college spring breakers who might be in Playa. You would definitely find good value, beaches, and snorkeling. The ruins at Tulum are very interesting and there are cenotes for snorkeling as well as the Caribbean. Your daughters might enjoy Xel-Ha, a water park type place that has snorkeling (not the reason to visit), tubing, etc. in a lush, tropical setting. We enjoyed it as adults for a few hours of cooling off after visiting the ruins. There are several ecotourism resorts on the Mexican Caribbean.

I hope someone will answer about Andros!

Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lighthouse Yacht Club & Marina

We stayed at the Coconut Farm on North Andros a few years ago and loved it. Rented a car and explored one day and had lunch at the Lighthouse while we were in that area. Didnt' look at the rooms, but the restaurant area was clean and attractive. Andros has an incredible reef, but if you are not completely happy with fishing or diving/snorkeling, there is very little activity there.

We love the out islands because they have so little touristy stuff. They are beautiful and the people are wonderful.

3. Re: Lighthouse Yacht Club & Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations