We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

north andros island swimming/snorkleing

Broadview Heights...
1 post
Save Topic
north andros island swimming/snorkleing

hi there. we are going to andros island in july and thinking of staying at pleaseant dreams beach house. I was wondering if pleasent harbor in morgans bluff where the house is would be good for lap swimming and beach snorkeling? I am aslo concerned about buying lettuce and other veg (which I eat a lot of!). I heard that there was a large grocery store on the way from the airport. Does anyone have any info that would help? thanks so much!

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
333 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: north andros island swimming/snorkleing

Not sure , but we were in eleuthera in July once and veg was scarce

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: north andros island swimming/snorkleing

There is a nice store going north from the airport. I can't think of the name at the moment, but it's new and has some nice produce. It's not as large as our supermarkets though. We also liked the store at the Pineville complex. Our caretaker made a few dinners for us and he always made a large salad. He had to get it from somewhere. Not sure about your beach question. We stayed in a lovely house in Nicholl's town. It had a very nice beach. We saw other nice beaches in the Morgan's Bluff area. Hope this helps!

Andros
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: north andros island swimming/snorkleing

Hi Runrx - North Andros is well supplied with fresh produce on a small scale - providing you are flexible! The Mennonites farm located close to San Andros grows and sells it's own produce, and there are various small suppliers around. Often, they travel around in vans and will deliver to you. This past 2 weeks, my parents have been with us and they eat tons of veggies! We've had all the usual in a box made up from the Mennonites. You will have to hunt around a bit - but it's all there.

Mentioned in this post
Andros
Andros
Out Islands
4. Re: north andros island swimming/snorkleing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations