We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

i'll be arriving by boat in nassau in the beginning of february and had planned to spend 4 days there. i just found out i'll be arriving 3 days earlier than i thought and rather than spend 7 days on nassau, i'd like to see another island. should i go to andros? eleuthera? if so, can i take a ferry or should i book a flight? and any recommendations on where to stay?

i'll be by myself and would like to keep it as inexpensive as possible. don't need anything fancy, just a nice beach, nice people, some food and drink.

any advice would be appreciated!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

Hi leahhenny and Welcome to the TA Forums!

I'm not sure why your question like this was deleted about Eleuthera, but I hope this reply gets to you :)

If you're arriving by boat, where will you have been before? Will you have been to any other islands already?

Andros is beautiful, with an amazing barrier reef, and a small variety of places to stay for different budgets. It's a very short flight from Nassau.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

I like the Small Hope Bay Lodge, and there are quite a few others as well with reviews, here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g147425-Andros_Out_Is…

Edited: 11 January 2014, 22:58
3. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 04:05
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,499 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

It was a duplicate posting. Duplicate postings are removed by Tripadvisor.

5. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

6. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

Thanks for your response. I will be sailing to Nassau from Turks and Caicos and will be stopping along the way but not for long and I'm not sure exactly where. I'll have 3 days in Nassau at the end of the trip so thought it would be nice to see another island. If i go to andros, would you recommend the north or south?

Thanks!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

Thought you might enjoy a trip report from bythesea12's trip to North Andros :)

tripadvisor.com/…44302403

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

Thanks, all! The more I hear, the better it sounds. I'll be on my own, though, so would prefer a hotel where I could find help in getting around and figuring out where to go. I can't afford the Small Hope Bay Lodge. Any other recommendations for less expensive options on the North side of the island?

Thanks!

Great Exuma
Level Contributor
275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: i have 3 extra days on nassau - should i go to andros

Check out the Pineville Motel. it is not on the beach but the owner will go out of his way to ensure that you are comfortable and have a good time and can get around.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147425-d140353…

Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations