We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get to Bimini... is it that hard?

California
Level Contributor
453 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to get to Bimini... is it that hard?

I have been searching to find a way to make it from the mainland to Bimini. So far I've only come up with flytropic.com and they do not have flights available for the day i want to travel. What alternate routes are available... are there ferries from Nassau that I am just missing.

Any information would be appreciated!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to get to Bimini... is it that hard?

I've not tried it, but the Baleria ferry now runs from Miami to Bimini. Tropic is amazing and flies more often than the flights advertised on their website, so it is definitely worth calling about your dates. We also saw Miami Seaplanes landing in Bimini. I believe United also flies from FLL to South Bimini.

Getting to Bimini takes a little effort, but it is definitely worth it!

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to get to Bimini... is it that hard?

Balearia is a great option. They run their ferry to Bimini three times a week for around $150 USD round trip. You can check on their website at www.ferryexpress.com

Another option is Silver Airways, www.gosilver.com with daily flights from Fort Lauderdale. They fly in alliance with United Airlines.

Now, if you want to have some fun in Bimini, you can check www.biminiundersea.com for the best activities on island.

Hope this information is helpful.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to get to Bimini... is it that hard?

Or Bimini Hidden Treasures! Lots of Adventures to choose from on and in the water.

Great Exuma
Level Contributor
232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to get to Bimini... is it that hard?

Fly into Nassau and catch Western Air www.westernairbahamas.com into Bimini 2 times daily.

5. Re: Trying to get to Bimini... is it that hard?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:15