We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bimini Island Rockwell House

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bimini Island Rockwell House

Was wondering if the big Rockwell house that was the shape of a ship was still there?

Bimini Undersea
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Sapona
Ships, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Kansas
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bimini Island Rockwell House

Don't know. I stayed there as a kid in the 1970s. I remember driving around the island on golf carts and finding a huge conch shell and taking it to the house where the chef fried up the conch for us to eat. Great time. I would love to see a picture of it. Do you have an old one?

Kansas
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bimini Island Rockwell House

biminiguide.com/pdfs/page-105-107-island-tri…

There is a link. It has ino about the house, the original owner, and what has happened to it. It also includes a picture of the home!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bimini Island Rockwell House

I also stayed there in the late 70's. Had some of the best island food ever made. The memories of traveling around on the carts and bone fishing with Bonefish Charlie come to mind. I had some pictures of the house. I will try to locate them.

4. Re: Bimini Island Rockwell House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 23:15