We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Cat Island resort for divers

Sebastian, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Cat Island resort for divers

I'm considering Cat Island for next year's dive vacation. So far, I love what I've read about the island, and Greenwood, Hawk's Nest, and Sammy T's all sound great. Can anyone recommend one of these (or another resort) that is convienent for diving? Something where the dive shop & boats are on-sight, or a short walk away.

Thanks!

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
326 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Cat Island resort for divers

CamaroChick, last time my husband tried to dive on Cat Island, we would have gone from Fernandez Bay (where we were staying) to Greenwood's, which was recommended for diving. I don't know that anyone else has a dive operation, but IF anyone does, it would probably be Hawk's Nest -- worth sending them an e-mail. (Hubby never did get to dive on Cat; the seas were always to stirred up the times he tried to set it up.)

Aside from the 3 resorts you mention, Fernandez Bay and Pigeon Cay are the only other larger (all things being relative!) properties on the islands.

2. Re: Best Cat Island resort for divers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 02:18