We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shannas Cove Resort

Ontario
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
shannas Cove Resort

Has anyone ever been to Shannas Cove Resort on Car Island? If so how would you rate it?

We are looking for beach front accommodations that is clean quiet and well priced.

Cat Island
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: shannas Cove Resort

The resort is definitely clean and quiet. The miles of beaches are nearly free of anyone. The resort is new and the restaurant is excellent......How do I know....well the resort is just down the beach from us.

You will find Frank and Gabi very accommodating. If rest, relaxation, nature, exploring, diving and hanging with locals are your idea of a vacation.....this is the place.

Living on Cat and Loving it.

Gasport, New York
Level Contributor
146 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shannas Cove Resort

I agree with Sandyfeet. I stopped by Shanna's Cove in Feb. and it's beautiful. It has individual, private rooms perched on a hill with a great view of Exuma Sound and a wonderful wide sandy beach. The rooms are really nice and quite spacious. They serve meals and have a very nice dining room, porch and bar.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shannas Cove Resort

Mr. Bob- I think Shanna's Cove looks wonderful on the website but I have heard that the road to get there is horrible- would you comment on that? I would really like to consider it but I have been in that situation elsewhere and after a week of coming and going to explore the rest of the (another) island it almost ruined it for me. Is this somewhere you need to be content with getting there and staying put or is the road being improved at all? We have been to many out islands but not Cat and are dying to go- thanks for your reply.

Ontario
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: shannas Cove Resort

Shannas Cove Resort is definitely extremely clean, quiet (except for the sound of waves crashing on the beach) and affordable without any surprise hidden fees.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shannas Cove Resort

How about the road? I did not get an answer- thanks if you have one.

Ontario
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: shannas Cove Resort

There is one patch of rough road a few kilometers long just prior to reaching Shannas Cove. The rest of the road on the island is smooth and paved. I know that Frank talked with us about getting the last few kilometers fixed but I am not sure if this project was imminent.

You could always email Frank and Gabi to ask. They are wonderful hosts and more than happy to answer honestly any questions you might have.

D

Gasport, New York
Level Contributor
146 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shannas Cove Resort

The road to Shanna's is rather bumpy and uneven, but it's not impassable. Think of it as an adventure! There are several homes at the end of the road, and those people go back and forth every day. I wouldn't let the road keep you from staying there. It's only bad for maybe a mile, and you can tell all your friends about the great place you stayed and the lousy road to get there. BTW, the road to Hawk's Nest is worse and it's 10 times longer!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shannas Cove Resort

Thanks- the reason I ask is that we rented a house in NPP in Eleuthera a couple of years ago that had a horribly rutted and bumpy dirt road to it. We are adventurous so we would come and go from the house at least a couple of times a day to go exploring to different parts of the island then out again to go to dinner, the store, whatever- by the end of the week the road was getting on my nerves (and I have been on plenty of rough dirt hunting camp roads in my life so I am no spoiled for pavement city girl). I know if we went to Cat Island that we would rent a car and go exploring rather than just being at the hotel the whole time- that is why I asked how bad the road actually is. Thanks for the reply. The pictures look very pretty.

Ontario
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shannas Cove Resort

Just got back from our house on Cat. Went up to Shanna for pizza and what a treat to drive there now! The road has been improved - what would have been a 25 minute drive from the Shanna Cove sign is now 5 min.

Go and enjoy!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shannas Cove Resort

Great!!! Thanks for letting me know. Any photos of your recent visit there?

Get answers to your questions about Cat Island
Recent Conversations