We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting there from Nassau?

Ridgefield, NJ
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Getting there from Nassau?

Can anyone suggest how to best get from Nassau to Cat Island? Our flight from cold country arrives just after noon, so we cannot make the Bahams air flight. I have heard thay Pineapple is fyling there. Anyone have experience with them? Other options?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting there from Nassau?

I have no experience with Pineapple Air--yet! But will use them next week to and from Nassau-Cat Island. Take a chance, it's better than expensive night in Nassau and EARLY BahamaAir flight next morning.

Ridgefield, NJ
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting there from Nassau?

Where are you staying on Cat Island. We are going week after next.

3. Re: Getting there from Nassau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2006, 21:38
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting there from Nassau?

ok there are several ways to get to Cat Island but most are soooo expensive! Continental from Ft Lauderdale is over $300 rdtrip...this time I flew Delta from Orlando to Nassau ($158 rdtp) and Pineapple Air Nassau-Cat Island ($75 each way) so the whole trip was just at $308. I've been to Cat Island three times and Nassau twice in a year and a half. I've gone to Cat Island for the Rake & Scrape Music Festival in June twice. I've tried many ways to fly: Ft Lauderdale, Miami, or Atlanta to Nassau then to Cat Island or direct FLL to Cat Island on the Continental. I find Air Tran to Ft Lauderdale, or Delta direct to Nassau to be cheapest and now Pineapple Air makes the Cat leg really easy with their afternoon flights. On Sunday the plane leaves Nassau at 4pm. Mon/Wed at 9am. Thurs/Fri at 2pm (I'm not sure I'm remembering which day exactly but the times are 9 or 2 and it is 4pm on Sunday)