We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help on Finding Flights to Cat Island from Florida

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help on Finding Flights to Cat Island from Florida

We are a family of 5 traveling to Cat Island April 16 to 23. We will be flying first to Florida from Washington, DC. Does anyone know of a private company that can fly us from Fort Lauderdale, Miami, or any other airport in Florida? I can't seem to find a flight from Florida to Cat Island and Continental looks as if they have nothing on my dates. Thanks for any help.

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
627 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help on Finding Flights to Cat Island from Florida

Last April I flew from Ft Lauderdale to Cat (New Bight) but the only advice I can provide is one to avoid at all cost. I absolutely would not under any circumstance fly Lynx/Florida Coastal. I have documented my reasons on this forum previously so I will not bother repeating the sordid details again.

FBV's website lists Aerborne Aviation as a service from Fla to Cat. The listed phone number is 866-359-2372.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help on Finding Flights to Cat Island from Florida

Thanks for the good advice. I think Lynxair may actually no longer be operational. Before your good advice, I tried to book and couldn't. Thanks!

Kettering, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help on Finding Flights to Cat Island from Florida

You may need to fly into Nassau and then to Cat Island. We have found that Sky Bahamas is the most highly recommended charter flight with 2 flights scheduled daily including weekends. They have been great to work with and we are looking forward to our travel later this year...best of luck!

4. Re: Need Help on Finding Flights to Cat Island from Florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 05:44
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island