We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TailWinds or Shanna Cove?

Cool Canuck
Level Contributor
253 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
TailWinds or Shanna Cove?

Looking for a very romantic, laid back beach place..to escape to with my spouse. Great reviews for both Tail Winds and Shanna Cove..can't decide!!

which offers most privacy and best deal on food?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TailWinds or Shanna Cove?

I can't give advice as we're headed to Tail Winds for the first time in June. I did get a copy of their menu to look at. If you are interested, I can email them to you. PM me with your email addy.

Ontario
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TailWinds or Shanna Cove?

Hard to decide - they are both on the same beach at the top of the island. Shanna has more of an European flare - the food really is the best on the island. and their restaurant is simply lovely. Tailwinds has more of a "Jimmy Buffett" vibe. Both properties as I believe all on Cat Island, the proprietors are on site.

They are about a 10 minute walk from each other, so even if you stay at Tailwinds, you could have some meals up at Shanna.

Your decision may be which ever resort has availability as they are both small - and becoming very popular.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
357 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TailWinds or Shanna Cove?

Totally agree with the above, the only real difference as I see it is how to access the beach.

Tail Winds is right on the beach, you walk out of your accomodation, onto the deck, 5 steps to the tiki bar and another 5 steps to the sand.

Shanna's cottages are on a hill, at the very end of the same beach, where you have to walk up and down steps to your accomondation, I think they all have a balcony.

We stayed at Tail Winds for 10 nights and have abvsolutely no regrets. Accommodation-wise it has the feel of a contemporary beach house with everything that goes with it.

The owner was on site and so very accomodating! His love and pride of the property he has worked so hard to build is very evident and something he really wants to share. He left us such a good first impression of Cat Island we want to come back some day!

Cudjoe Key, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TailWinds or Shanna Cove?

We have stayed at Shannas Cove and would not stay any where else. The owners are so involved in the business taking you to different events. They never charge for this service either ( fishing, snorkeling, bat caves, rake and scrape). It really is an unbelievable place and the views from the balconies are breathtaking. Please PM if you need further info.

5. Re: TailWinds or Shanna Cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:16