We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request How to choose where to stay?

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Request How to choose where to stay?

Looking to come in May. I think I have it narrowed down to Tail Winds, Flamingo Bay or Island Hoppinn. Bringing our 19 year old son would like to snorkel, kayak, maybe tour the island, maybe dive? Any suggestions, insight as to how to choose location. Etc? Is it best to fly to Nassau?

cochecton
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Request How to choose where to stay?

Hey Clemintina, thanks for your input..... alot of helpful info.....my wife and I are heading down in a few days for 2 weeks

1 at Tailwinds and one in the smaller house next to where you stayed.... i read all the old posts and like you decided the location more important than certain other amenities.... seems like there should be great snorkeling at the doorstep..... you did'nt mention it but i was wondering about that resort going up on cutlas bay .... did you hear any noise, traffic anything like that just very curious about that since it seems to be close by.... any info. greatly appreciated Darren

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Request How to choose where to stay?

Darren,

Do you mind saying which "smaller house" so I can look it up- still researching. Thanks so much!

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Request How to choose where to stay?

George H: what a ridiculous thing to say. The beach was amazing, Maybe you don't know what a sea urchin is, and I'm assuming you are joking or trying to disparage the property for some reason. When we were there in January, the banana wind was having its roof repaired, but I did walk through it and it seemed really sweet and simple and it's right on the beach.

To others, please don't let this "hater" deter you from considering this wonderful spot!

14. Re: Request How to choose where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island
Recent Conversations