We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Cat Island from NJ

New Jersey
Level Contributor
198 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Cat Island from NJ

I came across the reviews for Shanna's Cove, and I am wowed! We are going away for 4 nights only, and have been looking for the perfect place not too far from NJ. The Bahamas fits the bill, but Cat Island is more like what we are actually looking for. However (and it's a big however), I can't seem to make sense of the flight information. I think I have it figured out that the only way to get there on a scheduled flight is through Bahamas Air out of Nassau. Is this correct? And therefore, it seems like an entire day in travel there and back (which saddens me).

Has anyone been there recently who can shed light on the whole thing and let me know if it simply isn't worth going there for only 4 nights? Thanks!!!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting to Cat Island from NJ

Travel Nutzo, I am going to try to paste a webpage but if it doesn't show up just google "Ft.lauderdale flights to cat island" One of the airlines I called Aero Aviation is no longer in service but the person that answered the phone is a charter pilot and will give you a rate. http://www.cat-island.net/flights.html

Matawan, New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting to Cat Island from NJ

My wife and I are headed to Cat Island for a week in April, we are super excited! What is a good price on airfare from New York to Nassau? I saw a round trip non-stop from Newark to Nassau for $375... should I buy at that price? Thanks for any info that you can provide!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting to Cat Island from NJ

That sounds great esp, since it' non-stop. We are going in April also via Delta but have to stop in Atlanta. Our rate was in the 300s also.

14. Re: Getting to Cat Island from NJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island