We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries & Kalik

Northern VA
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Groceries & Kalik

Good morning:

We will be heading out to Cat Island, for the first time, in a couple of weeks. We will be flying in and staying in the Northern part of the island, near Arthur's town. Where is the best place to purchase a couple of cases of Kalik and some groceries?

Appreciate your assistance,

S.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Groceries & Kalik

I second that DnA!

Someset, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Groceries & Kalik

We are just finishing up two weeks here on Cat. We've done a house swap so we've bought lots of groceries and cooked for ourselves a lot.

Just north of the New Bight airport is Knowles. That is where the bank is and Michaels grocery. We were up there yesterday and noticed his shop was closed, I know his wife is about to have a baby so maybe that's why?

Michael flies his groceries in and has different fruit than Gilbert's down non the south end where we were staying. Gilbert's sells beer and spirits. I'm assuming michael's does too. Watch out for the pole in the car park. Despite being sober and a good driver I backed into it. I've met two other people that have done the same thing!

Also, bring American dollars in small bills. We brought British pounds and were lucky the bank changed them. If we came again we'd just bring $.

In addition to Kalik ($48 for a case of 24) there is a beer called Bush Crack that my partner liked.

Where u r staying is the famous Da Smoke Pot. We had a lovely shrimp lunch there talking to locals.

Also in the south end there are two lovely bakeries. Look for Olive's small sign on one side of the road and the other one is called something like Arnol's. We have bought the following bread from Olive: cinnamon swirl (great for French toast), whole wheat, cocoanut and lemon pound cake.

There another liquor store in New Bight called Two Corners Luquor.

Enjoy!

Edited: 29 May 2013, 21:11
Someset, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Groceries & Kalik

We are just finishing up two weeks here on Cat. We've done a house swap so we've bought lots of groceries and cooked for ourselves a lot.

Just north of the New Bight airport is Knowles. That is where the bank is and Michaels grocery. We were up there yesterday and noticed his shop was closed, I know his wife is about to have a baby so maybe that's why?

Michael flies his groceries in and has different fruit than Gilbert's down non the south end where we were staying. Gilbert's sells beer and spirits. I'm assuming michael's does too. Watch out for the pole in the car park. Despite being sober and a good driver I backed into it. I've met two other people that have done the same thing!

Also, bring American dollars in small bills. We brought British pounds and were lucky the bank changed them. If we came again we'd just bring $.

In addition to Kalik ($48 for a case of 24) there is a beer called Bush Crack that my partner liked.

Where u r staying is the famous Da Smoke Pot. We had a lovely shrimp lunch there talking to locals.

Enjoy!

Northern VA
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Groceries & Kalik

Thank you so much for the information!

15. Re: Groceries & Kalik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 07:17