We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cat Island Trip Report: May 24-31 2013

Virginia
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cat Island Trip Report: May 24-31 2013

My wife and I have been to Eleuthera several times but wanted to try a different out island this year. We were looking for something even more deserted than Eleuthera and Cat is advertised as a seriously laid back place that everyone calls “the real Bahamas” so that sounded about right for us.

We have stayed in private rental homes in Eleuthera as compared to a resort type setup and wanted the same for Cat. After some internet research we decided to book the Poodle House which is just outside of Port Howe on the south coast. The owner, Bruce, was great to work with prior to our trip so we had a good feeling about the accommodations.

I did my best to take notes along the way so I could put together a detailed trip report, and will probably bore many with same detail, but I know that information about Cat is hard to come by and the Cat Island TA Forum is not the most active place.

Doug and Gwen

Richmond, Virginia

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Cat Island Trip Report: May 24-31 2013

Not too long at all - thanks for posting!

Bahamas
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Cat Island Trip Report: May 24-31 2013

What a wonderful report! thank you for taking the time... I'm headed to Cat Island in 10 days and this

has me even more excited.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Cat Island Trip Report: May 24-31 2013

Carolyn09, would you be so kind as to post a trip report? Cheers to a great trip!

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Cat Island Trip Report: May 24-31 2013

Hi Virginia Box, it looks like we will be coming from the same area of Va from Va Beach. After 3 months plus of researching, I am certain Cat Island is exactly what we are looking for in solitude and local culture. My thoughts are where to start. We will be looking for Jan or Feb 2014 for 10+ days. My question is where to start? Book the Tail wind now? Book Orf to Nassua--cost about $450. Especially with the promotion to fly free from Nassua to Cat Island. Should I involve a travel agent? I'm just hesitant to know where to start first. Any feedback very welcome.

25. Re: Cat Island Trip Report: May 24-31 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island
Recent Conversations