We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

double bay rental

Switzerland
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
double bay rental

Hi everybody,

since I enjoyed Eleuthera so much, I want to go back this year again. As you could read in my last trip report I have become a fan of double bay. Unfortunately my favorite houses are either booked (Bahamas Castaway, Endless Summer) or I do not know how to rent them (C-Breeze, Mallaig)and Blue Flamingo does not allow children.

Does anyone have another suggestion /experience with a rental on double bay (on the beach, with a view of the beach from the living room)??

Thanks for your help, Songo

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: double bay rental

This site shows several in that area.

www.bahamasweb.com/index-eleuthera.html

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: double bay rental

http://wishbeachhouse.com/index.htm

check this out.

St Petersburg...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: double bay rental

Try Magic Sand...........

You will have to do a google to find it as it does not have a web site as yet .

They just started renting it this year..

Nice place..............

Switzerland
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: double bay rental

Thanks,

but wish seems to far removed for my taste (no view of the beach from the balcony it seems from the pics).

Does anyone have any info on magic sands, sounds like being right on the beachfront (did not find anything with google)

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: double bay rental

My trip in April will be my first to Eleuthera although I have been to the Bahamas (out islands) many times. We are not staying in Double Bay but I really like the photos of the house we are renting in N. Palmetto area- www.romanticbungalow.com. Views from the living room!

Just trying to help!

Switzerland
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: double bay rental

I found 'magic sands'', looks nice, I will have to decide between Magic Sands and Silent Quays, any recomendation?

Romantic bungalow looks very nice but we wanted to stay on double bay.If we finally will not get something that fits our preferences (like real beach front), Romantic bungalow would be our first choice

cheers

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: double bay rental

DnaMobile, enjoy Romantic Bungalow! Stayed there in the fall, it lived up to its name!

FYI there is a single kayak at RB, but the same man owns the house behind RB, (Bahama Villa) and that house has a double kayak. We asked to use it, no problem as long as the folks in the other house were not doing so. Fun way to fish and snorkel, because you can paddle a ways out and find the GOOD stuff! :D

Enjoy!

Temple Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: double bay rental

Good homes also by Romatic Bungalow are the Pink Sand Cottage www.pinksandcottage.com as we had family stay there and its great .

We stayed at Palmetto Sunrise www.palmettosunrise.com as that is owned by the same couple who owns the Cottage.

Other homes in that area are waters edge Villa www.watersedgevilla.net .

All on a great beach fro snorkeling.

Just trying to offer other choices for you.

Have a great trip no matter where you stay.. N palmetto Point is our favorite.

Magic sand is on the south end of Double bay just the other side of N palmetto point.

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
844 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: double bay rental

I would definitely go with Magic Sands if Castaway is already rented. They both look fantastic. I've been emailing back and forth with the owner of Magic Sands and he is wonderful to deal with. I've heard the house is absolutely beautiful and can't wait to see it (family will be staying there while we are at Castaway). Let us know how it goes if you do head back!

10. Re: double bay rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 09:20