We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location bonefish barbi verses oceanaire

daisytown
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Topic
location bonefish barbi verses oceanaire

Are these 2 homes in the same general location. I like both of these homes. Looking for privacy, good snorkeling swimming beach, clean updated house.

Nancy

Virginia
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: location bonefish barbi verses oceanaire

My wife and I will be staying at Barbi's beginning this Saturday for a week. Not sure when you are trying to make a decision by but I'll let you know how it was when we get back. Barbi has been great to work with as we have had many questions over the last several months and she has responded quickly and given us good suggestions.

Doug

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: location bonefish barbi verses oceanaire

Take a look at "Poponi Beach Cottage". Isolated with the owners living about 50 yards from you. Very helpful! They don't intrude. Also the beach there is almost always isolated. I've never stayed there but have visited the beach & never saw anyone.

Second; Freedom Da Villa. Near GHB & paved road to the house. It is isolated. Beach is always empty. The diffence is this place costs a bit more.

Just "Google" but adding Eleuthera to your search.

If you don't mind a 20 min. drive, one-way to the main road "Pink Sand" is 30' from the water with good snorkeling, weather permiting.

All of the houses I've referenced are on the ocean. Best snorkeling, weather permitting. Also usually a constant sea-breeze which keeps the bugs away.

The sea-side snorkeling leaves a lot to be desired. Watch out for the "LIONFISH"!!! They hide under outcroppings. They're beautiful but deadly.

Either way, if you rent a vehicle & your homeowner is decent he/she should! give you advice.

Tim from Chicagoland

P.S. Mail me me with ?. I've been there 6 times in the last 5 years.

3. Re: location bonefish barbi verses oceanaire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 20:21