We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

PA
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

We are staying in palmetto point and are looking for a nice restaurant to eat for our anniversary(Other than Tippy's) Any suggestions?

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

Are you looking for something a bit more? Try Dolce Vita, I have not eaten there but it sounds like it might be what you are looking for. Google it to see if it is what you are looking for. Cheers, Deb

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

BTW, call and make sure they know it is your anniversary and to see if you need reservations/if they are open.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

We just got back a week ago and our favorite place to eat was Captin Jack's just a little bit south of Tippy's on the ocean. The crab stuffed grouper and blackenned mahi mahi served on a bed of sweet potato mash and spinach were amazing. The service was great as well and they didn't add a 15% tip automatically like most other places. The best place for local food was Northside Restaurant in Rock Sound. Rosie the owner even makes her own tomato sauce and picks her own peas for peas and rice. Her conch served with vegetables was the best conch we ever had. Hope that helps, Happy Anniversary!

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

pumpdaman, it sure helped me and made me hungry! 3 more days. Deb

Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

pumpdaman - how did you like Hibiscus House?

And Deb you are making me sooo jealous! See you soon. Annie

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

The Hibiscus house was really great! We loved it! Such a beautiful setting as well. Love the wrap around screened porch, but wife kept hogging the hammock on the porch. We always left the french doors on the master open at night and enjoyed the nice breeze and sound of the ocean waves. Now I'm getting jealous! LOL!!

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

Hi Annie, So sorry but you will be following soon after, I know not soon enough for you. Pumpdaman I just reread your post amd i'm hungry again! Charggy, have you made a decision or will you wait and see? Cheers, Deb

ny
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

Docle vita was romantic. We experienced slow service but the food was very good.

In the pinky of the...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

You might want to look into The Beach House.It's not typical for Eleuthera (in my experience). It has a tapas menu but you can make a wonderful meal. The decor was upscale-open-beach-charm. My husband swears their mussels in tomato are the best he has ever had (and he orders them whenever he can). Also, consider The Rainbow Inn. The food was amazing. Just call ahead or stop in and take a look at their menu. I hope you have a wonderful time and congratulations on your anniversary.

PA
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

Thanks for all your suggestions. I think we will drive around and check all of the above restaurants out and go from there. Only 11 more days until we leave!!!