We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warmest water least chance rain

daisytown
Level Contributor
591 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Warmest water least chance rain

What would be the best time to visit for the warmest water temps and least chance for rain. We are on St John right now and it has rained all week.

Nancy

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,326 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Warmest water least chance rain

I was on Paradise Island all last week and made a one day excursion to Harbour Island. It was sunny all week and did not see a drop of rain. Harbour Island was very dry, I would describe it as parched.

They need rain. I have been told the rainy season begins in the Bahamas around May 20. So, I go in early May every year and rarely see any rain.

The warmest water temps are in mid summer but then again, that is also the time of most rainfall.

The water on Pink Sands Beach last Tuesday was like a bathtub in the surf, the low 80's.

November is a good time to visit also as rainfall is low and the sea is still in the low 80's.

BTW, the surf last week on Paradise Island was relatively cool, in the upper 70's. It's usually warmer there by now.

Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Warmest water least chance rain

Mid July

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Warmest water least chance rain

I wouldn't worry about rain. I've been down the last 6 years at various seasons and there was minimal rain. They pray for a good rain at least once a week as the island seems to be in a perpetual drought. The only concern is if a Tropical Storm comes along then you're screwed. August thru October is high season for storms.

Tim from Chicagoland

Grosse Pointe
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Warmest water least chance rain

Late May to Mid June are quite ideal IMO. You may get a quick 10 minute shower but it clears up pretty quickly. November is also quite nice.

5. Re: Warmest water least chance rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 05:35
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera