We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

underwater photos

daisytown
Level Contributor
587 posts
1 review
Save Topic
underwater photos

Does anyone have any underwater photos taken in Eleuthera. Planning a trip and would like to get an idea what the snorkeling is like.

Nancy

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: underwater photos

I can't speak for the rest of Eleuthera, but I have been on three day trips to Harbour Island in the last year. On my first trip I tried snorkeling on Pink Sands Beach, the ocean side of H.I..

The water was shallow hundreds of feet offshore.

About 4 foot deep. The bottom was barren. Did not see even one shell or any fish.

Supposedly there is a reef not too far offshore but, being alone, did not want to venture that far out in case of encountering sharks.

Other beachs in Eleuthera may be better for snorkeling but I was disappointed with Pink Sands Beach, for snorkeling. Other than that, that beach

is spectacular!!! I have never felt sand so soft, powdery, and pink!!!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: underwater photos

Nancy - Go to www.eleu.net. The newsgroup has moved, but look in the links for photos. There are A LOT of pictures there! I remember seeing some underwater shots. You can follow the links to the new newsgroup. Post there. I'm sure someone can direct you to their own online photo albums.

Enjoy your trip!

PA
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: underwater photos

The snorkeling is OK depending on what yyou are looking for. We were there in April and went to a lot of beaches. The coral was spectacular, but we did not see a lot of fish.

Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: underwater photos

I have hundreds, email me at: jciulla2001@yahoo.com

I'll send you some.

5. Re: underwater photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2009, 07:35