We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

Jackson, NJ
8 posts
Save Topic
Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

Are there any restaurants in South or Central Eleuthra that serve chicken fingers or grilled cheese for kids?

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

Hi, most if not all of the restaurants have a kids menu and are very willing to fix something for kids. Items include the ones you mentioned plus great mac & cheese, pizza, hotdogs, hamburgers,french fries etc. The food is not that different from what you would find here only that there are no chains, McDonalds, KFC etc. Sunset Inn in Gov. Harbour has great food and a children's menu just to name one. I would not worry about that but be aware that some restaurants will close during the slow season. There will not be a problem finding something for kids to eat. Deb

Jackson, NJ
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

Thanks for easing my mind...one of our sons is an extremely picky eater so I needed to make sure that I wouldn't need to pack special foods.

I am sure he will survive!

Thanks again!

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

You are welcome, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask and have a great trip. Cheers,Deb

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

Stop at "Sammy's Place" when yougo to the "Fish Hole" with your loaves of bread for the show. The "Mac & Cheese" is to die for. I'm 48 & I drove 30 minutes each way to buy 8 orders for sides the next 3 days! Oh, they also make burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, etc... for kids.

Jackson, NJ
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

Thanks for the tip...we will absolutely go to Sammy's Place. Please tell us...what is the show at the "fish hole" all about? Loaves of bread? Please do tell. Thanks@

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

That would be the ocean hole in rock sound. Look up to the left click on "things to do" and scroll down to ocean hole. It really should be seen and is great fun for kids and adults.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

The "show" at Ocean Hole is the fish jumping over each other for the bread, hundreds of them about 2-3 pounds. The Hole has a underwater tunnel leading to the ocean so these fish have access. No catching allowed! Find out if the local bakery in your area sells stale bread. Amazing site.

Google "Sammy's Place Eleuthera" & go to the 2nd listing. You'll see their menu & believe me they'll accommodate you. They list a Ham & Cheese on the menu which I'm sure they'd delete the ham. Also they don't list burgers but I ordered one 2 years ago.

Just ask locals for directions for both places as you'll need them. Friendliest people I've ever met!

Don't forget the MAC & CHEESE!!!!

8. Re: Eleuthra Restaurants with a Kids Menu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 05:16