We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balara Bay - Hummingbird Cottage

Key Largo
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Balara Bay - Hummingbird Cottage

We are thinking of staying at Hummingbird Cottage on Balara Bay the end of December. I did a search, but there doesn't seem to be any new posts. Can someone provided any updated information regarding this rental.

thank you, SE

nc
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Balara Bay - Hummingbird Cottage

We have stayed there twice. It is riight on the beach. The grounds are beautiful and it's very private. Balara Manor is next door but there are trees that block the houses. No one was staying there either time we have been. The beach is sandy with crushed and broken shells and a little rocky so you would need to wear beach shoes on the beach and in the water right when you enter, but that was not a problem for us. The water is beautiful and great for swimming .The house has everything you need. It is very quaint and has a true island feel to it. When are you planning on going? We were there last Sept. and then the Oct. before that. If you have any questions that I haven't answered I would be gald to help. We would definitely stay there again. It also has a very nice stone patio that we enjoyed a lot.

Sandal

Baltimore Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Balara Bay - Hummingbird Cottage

I believe they( the owners of Hummingbird) are building another house there next to the rental house so I would suggest that you check with the owners to see if that is going to interfere with your privacy.

The beach area there is certainly not sandy .

There are allot of shells on the waters edge broken up, etc.

Still a nice place but also keep in mind its on the carribean side so the bug issue could be a problem with light winds on the carribean vs the Atlantic side.

Key Largo
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Balara Bay - Hummingbird Cottage

thanks for your responses. The owners emailed me and told about building the house and they would not know if the rental would be available for my timeframe. I have been to Eleuthera many times but stayed on Banks Road and wanted to be on the other side this time but close to GH. I will keep Hummingbird in mind for the summer.

Thanks again, SeaMaster

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Balara Bay - Hummingbird Cottage

We stayed at the Hummingbird at the end of August and it is a lovely spot. Construction on the second house was just getting started so I suspect that they will not be renting for a while.

5. Re: Balara Bay - Hummingbird Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2010, 05:16